tirsdag 21. juli 2015

Slice of life - have a slice of my life.

So this happened at work today (aka yesterday):
My supervisor takes me to the side and asks me if I’ve been having fun at the expense of the new intern/summer temp. Baffled, I replied no. She then said that there was some “rumors” going around and that I’ve been acting… less than professional. Now, I’m stunned and my supervisor asks me if I had any idea what she was talking about – and I’ve got no idea. I’ve just been myself. Clearly, that was offensive – me being friendly, trying to be supportive and casual made this new co-worker uncomfortable. This proves two things – that the new intern is far too young to work in this kind of environment (man, I remember that I’ve had quite some shocks when I started in the business over seven years ago) and that my current work location is WAY too much conservative for me.

I promised my supervisor I'd be more professional in said co-worker's vicinity from here on now.

Getting back home, slightly discontent and mildly upset, I went to watch some blind reactions to A SLICE OF LIFE – having seen that episode plenty o’times already. Fun fact, they’ve got too many references to even notice them all the first time (hint: it helps if you’re focusing on the episode instead of commenting on it). I’m glad (And proud!) to say that I got the trio from the bowling the first time they appeared on my screen.

Having now watched several of blind reacts to this episode (in fact, I’ve lost count on how many I’ve seen), I’ve got maybe two who’d I’d watch again. Others… not so much.

However, it’s nice to see different people, fans and all sorts of Bronies gets excited about it – not to mention what the particular kind “gets” and what’s slipping past them. At some point, there’s going to be a study about this. I just know it. But I’m not going to do it. Almost makes me wish I’d taped my reactions to the episode and uploaded it to YouTube. Almost. Yeah. That and the message.

roleplaying game (RPG) is a type of game where players assume the roles of fictional characters via improvisations. At its core, an RPG is a form of interactive and collaborative storytelling. Whereas cinema, novels and television shows are passive, RPGs engage the participants actively, allowing them to simultaneously be audience, actor, and author.
In case you didn't knew that.

Someday, I’d like to be able to sing Let It Go. I’m talking full costume, hair styled in the same fashion… the whole thing, only slightly different because it’s going to be me and not Elsa. I mean, sure, I’ve stepped into the shoes of Prince Hamlet and spoken the words “to be or not to be” (although it was at my mother tongue at the time, thus making them “å være eller å ikke være” – strange Norwegian letters ftw), portrayed a Norse God (as well as a Jotne (that’s like the intelligent, smaller cousin of a Troll – think of them what Goblins are to Orcs if that helps you get the idea) in the same play), been Willy from Where is Willy for an evening (that was fun) and made (almost) an entire LARP crew hate, dislike or want to murder me based on my performance as a (much) darker Rhett Butler inspired blockade runner Captain (filthy rich, smug, self-centered and spoiled – not to mention spiteful and a beater of his wife)… The point is, I think I can do a fairly decent Elsa.
And I think it would be good for me, too.

Ingen kommentarer: